We recently announced the availability of the newest version of our popular software, Drive Backup (DB). DB 11 is reliable, high-performance, imaging software designed for data protection and business continuity for workstations and servers.
With the new upgrade, Paragon enhanced the Drive Backup product family, which now includes the ability to exclude database applications on servers, thereby avoiding potential data inconsistencies when multiple backup procedures and products are implemented within the operating environment.
Additionally, Paragon DB 11 now supports the creation of incremental images, in addition to the traditional full-system images, of hard drives and partitions. Incremental images save IT administrative time and space on backup storage.
“For well over a decade now IT administrators have incorporated Paragon’s Drive Backup software into their disaster recovery and business continuity plans,” said Tom Fedro, president of Paragon Software Group. “With this new version of Drive Backup, Paragon jumps to the head of the class in providing small- to mid-enterprise businesses a complete solution at a very competitive price point.”
Drive Backup 11 key features include the following:
- Application-level exclude for servers
- Incremental imaging
- Updated P2V copy and P2V restore
- Adaptive Restore 3.0
- Oracle Virtual Box 4 support
- Connect VD with non-destructive and snapshot mode
- 2.2+ TB hard-disk drive support
- USB 3.0 support
- Encrypted backup
- Paragon WinPE Boot Media Builder wizard
- Latest Linux boot medium based on Suse 11.4 support
- Asynchronous writing functionality for increased backup speed
- Backup- status email notification
- File-level exclude for data migration to smaller disk space
For virtual environments, Paragon’s exclusive technology, ConnectVD, directly connects to offline ESX-based virtual hard disks and performs all major backup-and-restore operations on the virtual storage platform. Since more than one virtual hard drive can be connected simultaneously to Paragon Drive Backup 11 Server, backups of multiple volumes can be accomplished as easily as backups of physical devices.