The Paragon StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS is a storage hypervisor that turns any industry-standard Windows server into a reliable, fault-tolerant, and unified SAN and NAS, while utilizing off-the-shelf hardware or existing storage devices and network infrastructure.
Offering savings of up to 90 percent, iSCSI SAN & NAS is a powerful alternative to traditional High Availability (HA) products that rely on costly, proprietary, hardware-based HA architectures.
The product offers several deployment options including a three-node HA structure designed to eliminate a single point of failure. The product’s configurations are double fault tolerant (failure of 2 out of 3 storage nodes) resulting in 99.999% uptime. As a flexible and easy-to-manage solution, any IT administrator familiar with Windows servers can configure and deploy the Paragon StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS solution in a matter of minutes.
The software provides a measurable five “9’s” in up-time performance while eliminating the need for expensive, proprietary hardware, empowering new market segments to embrace the high availability model.
Key features include:
- Install the solution and configure a new SAN in minutes
- Centralize site-wide iSCSI storage provisioning via the Paragon Management Console
- Achieve cost-effective HA processing with instantaneous failover and recovery
- Protect data using HA, RAID-1 mirroring, automated snapshots, and replication
- Consolidate file and block level data, unifying SAN and NAS storage to simplify configuration, management, and maintenance
- Use NAS to create iSCSI targets and avoid the purchase of new hard drives for storage
Paragon StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS enables an N+1 configuration that allows for building an on-site two or three-node HA cluster with off-site replication. The built-in WAN replication feature assists in the creation of a disaster recovery site that can be located miles away from the main datacenter. The WAN acceleration technology is based on deduplication, snapshots, and compression, in which their combined power ensures 50x-100x reduction of transmitted data and allows for the use of slower WAN connections.